Transformers

Transformers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Kuching.. The Cat City..

Mmm.. Kuching is a City in Sarawak.. The largest state in Malaysia.. It is also the only 2 in 1 City.. because Kuching City is divided into North Kuching City and South Kuching City.. North City is managed by Dewan Bandaraya Kuching Utara (DBKU) meanwhile South City is managed by Majlis Bandaraya Kuching Selatan (MBKS)..

Kuching also mean Cat in Bahasa Malaysia (our national language).. To avoid sensitive issue or insult to ppl in Kuching.. The spelling for Kuching is changed to Kucing (in Bahasa Malaysia).. But the city keep the original spelling as Kuching City.. Why Kuching City is called Kuching?? I heard tat Kuching used to have tonnes of cats.. haha.. Believe it or not??





MBKS                                                  DBKU
North Kuching City Mayor is a Bumiputera and South Kuching City Mayor is a Chinese.. (Sorry.. I forget their names..) Kuching City is a nice place to stay.. I love the food, the environment, the ppl, the shopping complex, the roads, the houses etc.. because Kuching City is the place tat I called Home Sweet Home.. Kuching City is my beloved Hometown.. Yeah!!!

Unfortunately, I do not work in Kuching City.. but I work in Miri City.. another city in Sarawak.. aka Tourism City.. I back to my Kuching 4 times a year..

 South Kuching City Landmark
 
 North Kuching City Landmark

Suddenly miss my Hometown.. I will be back this November.. haha..

1 comment:

  1. I'll be back to Miri City by Nov 1. Maybe will have some BBQ. Planning to do bamboo chicken. Will invite you if got...

    ReplyDelete